Monday, March 11, 2013

Lesson Learned - Fridgpocalyse

Something in the house finally stopped working right which we knew was bound to happen at some point so what did I do? PANIC. After over a year of living here we've had to fix a few doors, learn to edge, repair garbage disposal, ripped up carpet, and some minor other things but there is no way we knew how to repair a fridge.

The day after the Super Bowl our fridge just stopped working and we came home from work to find water all over the floor. In my panic rush, I called the first people I found after a Google search and then made the mistake of paying them up front. I should have known I was making a huge mistake when the guy that came to work on our fridge looked like Anthony's little brother Drew with skinny jeans and all (no uniform, nametag, or anything). After a two weeks, we finally got it fixed... sort of. It isn't keeping my ice cream cold enough but it will have to do for now. Next time, we are calling Sears. 

Most of that ended up tossed or given away. The food storage prepper in me cringed through the process. 
Trash bags full of ice as an attempt to keep things cool but it didn't work
Doing what we could to keep the water off the floor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment