Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ribs and Rhythm Festival... Oh, and we got a dog

I have been thinking about getting Thelma a furry sibling for a long time but wanted to wait until her knee was fully healed and I had permission from her vet. Well... I got the green light in February but wasn't too ready to jump into the commitment of a new dog just yet.


This little puggle was on a leash outside the Ribs and Rhythm Festival. He looked at me with those big brown eyes and that cute piggly little tail and I was a goner... lucky for me so was Anthony. So we paid SAFE (Saving Animals From Euthanasia) our $75 and got ourselves a new member of the family and a rather alive souvenir from St. Augustine.

On our drive home together our new pup didn't stop whining until we rolled down the window and then Anthony started singing "Thunder Road." It was as if he picked his new name Bruce. I later gave him the middle name Draper after watching some Mad Men that weekend. With his very BIG personality, he definitely seems like The Boss of our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment