Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Halloween!

When I was working for Vizergy and Anthony was working for Bank of America, he'd randomly ask me questions about technology and the Internet because as he said, "you work for the Internet so you should know this." Actually, I don't work for the Internet but I use it as a marketing tool and now that Anthony is with Web.com, you could say we both work for the Internet. NOTE: Anthony does not QC (Quality Check) my blog.
President Mitt Romney ??
Do I look like a Hot Tamale!?! Arriba!
The Internet industry is very different from most others because of how liberal and open it is. This is something I like and dislike at the same time. Both of our companies allow jeans, t-shirts, a somewhat flexible work schedule, freedom to use creativity, etc. so Halloween can be a lot of fun. Anthony and I both dressed up.

As you can see, he was Mitt Romney in an election year. He spent the day using his clever one liners and being told by coworkers how much scarier his costume was than the ghouls, goblins, zombies, and mad scientists in the office. I thought that was a hoot. For Halloween, I was a Hot Tamale and I lost our company's costume contest to a Despicable Me minion, Black Widow with wild make up, and a female Bob Ross. It was quite a show.

Anthony was trying to make the face of the pumpkin
You can also see the pumpkin that Anthony and I carved together. We even made some yummy pumpkin seeds. It is very easy to do but a little time confusing.

1. Open the pumpkin and pull out all the slimy seeds
2. Rinse the seeds in a colander and remove ALL slime
3. Lay out the seeds directly on a cookie sheet (no foil!!)
4. Season with season salt and garlic powder
5. Pop in the oven for an hour and a half at 220 degrees pulling them out every 20 minutes or so to scrape them around on the cookie sheet
6. Cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment